Our Advice for Cooking Your Kit
Before you get started, we recommend you place all of the ingredients and tools you'll need in front of you. As you cook, you can follow the recipe card included in your kit, but for best results (and more fun), we recommend you watch the free "cooking class" video below.
What You Will Need
Items not included in your kit:
- Skirt Steak (8 oz – 10 oz, divided for 2)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Baking sheet
- Sauté pan (steel or cast iron)
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Bowls for mixing (2)
- Large spoon
- Tongs or spatula (recommended; for handling steak)
Your Salted Cooking Kit, which includes:
- Fingerling Potatoes (10 ounces)
- Lime (1 whole)
- Ground Espresso Coffee (1.5 tablespoons)
- Brown Sugar (1 tablespoons)
- Dried Rosemary (1 tablespoon)
- Cinnamon Ginger Spice Blend (1 tablespoon)
*Salt, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Ground White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (equal parts)
Watch the Video
Serves 2, Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Before cooking, pre-heat oven to 500 degrees and wash potatoes.
1. Slice potatoes in half, length-wise (or into quarters, for larger potatoes). Combine with 1 tablespoon of oil, rosemary, and a pinch of salt & pepper in a bowl. Transfer potatoes onto baking sheet and cook in oven until crispy, 15-20 minutes.
Tip: We suggest letting the potatoes cook for 5 minutes before moving onto the next step, so they’ll be ready when your steak is ready.
2. In a new bowl, combine coffee and brown sugar with cinnamon ginger spice blend.
3. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of oil over steak and massage the spice mixture into it. Heat a steel or cast iron pan on high. Put 1 tablespoon of oil in the hot pan and cook steak until charred, about 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Set steak aside and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak thinly at an angle, then transfer to a plate and serve with potatoes. Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over entire dish. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Eric Greenspan