Our Advice for Cooking Your Kit
Before you get started, we recommend you place all of the ingredients and tools you'll need in front of you. As you cook, you can follow the recipe card included in your kit, but for best results (and more fun), we recommend you watch the free "cooking class" video below.
What You Will Need
Items not included in your kit:
- Italian or Spicy Sausage (or pick your favorite sausage) (6 oz.)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sauté pan
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Bowl for mixing
- Large spoon or spatula
- Colander or perforated bowl (to strain pasta)
Your Salted Cooking Kit, which includes:
- Garlic Clove (1)
- Shallot (1 whole)
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes (1/2 cup)
- Orecchiette Pasta (6 ounces)
- Chili Flakes (1/2 teaspoon)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Lemon (1 whole)
Watch The Video
Serves 2, Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Before cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
1. Heat a pan on medium and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Divide sausage into small pieces and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned or “caramelized” on all sides.
2. When the water comes to a boil, add orecchiette and cook for 9-11 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, finely dice shallot and garlic. Then add shallot and a pinch of salt to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and stir, careful not to burn the garlic. Add extra oil to the pan as needed.
4. Add chili flakes (to your liking) and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan. If sticking, add oil or water as needed. Turn heat down to low. Add 1/2 of Parmesan cheese (reserving other 1/2 for later) so you can “toast” it. Cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and keep warm in pan until pasta is ready.
5. Drain pasta and add to the pan, along with a pinch of salt and other 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. Cut lemon in half and squeeze over the mixture. Stir to combine, then transfer to a plate. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Eric Greenspan