Our Advice for Cooking Your Kit
Before you get started, we recommend you place all of the ingredients and tools you'll need in front of you. As you cook, you can follow the recipe card included in your kit, but for best results (and more fun), we recommend you watch the free "cooking class" video below.
What You Will Need
Items not included in your kit:
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 - 8 oz. Skinless Chicken Breasts (2)
- Olive Oil
- Sauté pan (steel or cast iron)
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Bowls for mixing (2)
- Large spoon
- Tongs or spatula (for handling chicken)
- Baking sheet
Your Salted Cooking Kit, which includes:
- Baby Carrots (8 ounces)
- Garlic Clove (1)
- Greek Yogurt (4 tablespoons)
- Honey (1/2 tablespoon)
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
- Lemon (1, whole)
- Italian Seasoning (1/2 tablespoon)
- Dried Thyme (1/2 teaspoon)
Watch The Video
Serves 2, Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Before cooking, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a medium or large bowl, combine juice from lemon (reserving 1/2 tablespoon for later) with water (2 tablespoons), honey, garlic (diced into small pieces), Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt & pepper.
2. Melt butter (reserving 1/2 tablespoon for later) in a large pan on medium- high heat. Season chicken with a pinch of salt & pepper, then add to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until just browned. Transfer into lemon sauce, spooning sauce on top.
3. Place chicken on baking sheet, pouring sauce on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. (Optional: bake a couple lemon slices for a nice garnish later.)
4. Meanwhile, put 1/2 tablespoon of oil in the pan used for the chicken and heat on medium. Add carrots and let sear and develop color, about 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Add remaining butter and thyme. Cook until tender, 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Keep in pan until chicken is ready.
5. Mix yogurt in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper, then spoon onto plate. Cut chicken as desired then transfer on top with carrots. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon or a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Jason Fullilove