Our Advice for Cooking Your Kit
Before you get started, we recommend you place all of the ingredients and tools you'll need in front of you. As you cook, you can follow the recipe card included in your kit, but for best results (and more fun), we recommend you watch the free "cooking class" video below.
What You Will Need
Items not included in your kit:
- Arugula or Preferred Salad Greens (1 large bunch)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Sauté pan
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Bowl for mixing
- Large spoon or spatula
Your Salted Cooking Kit, which includes:
- Baby Carrots (5 oz)
- Shallot (1 whole )
- Crumbled Goat Cheese (1.5 tablespoons)
- Lemon (1 whole)
- Dried Cranberries (2 tablespoons)
- Quinoa (3/4 cup)
- Sliced Almonds (2 tablespoons
Watch the Video
Serves 2, Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Before cooking, bring a pot with water (1 1/2 cups) and salt (1/2 teaspoon) to a boil.
1. Dice shallot and carrots into small pieces.
2. Once water is boiling, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium. Add shallot and carrots plus a pinch of salt. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, add arugula (or greens of choice) to a bowl. Combine with juice from half the lemon, plus oil & salt (both to your liking). Mix well.
5. Once quinoa has absorbed the liquid, remove from heat.
6. Add quinoa to the pan with the shallot and carrots. Turn off heat. Add almonds, cranberries, 3/4 of the goat cheese, and a pinch of salt. Stir.
7. Transfer arugula to plate and top with quinoa mixture and a squeeze of lemon juice. Ganish with remaining goat cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Pace Webb